Pure Shanghai presents international apparel, accessories & footwear collections at CHIC, China's most influential fashion trade event.
Introducing a two season dateline for 2016, Pure Shanghai returns 16-18 March and 11-13 October 2016. We will present an exciting line-up of international fashion brands to China's key retailers, agents, distributors, e-commerce partners and media.
China is set to become the largest global fashion market by 2017, accounting for 25% of the entire market by 2025.
By bringing the established and successful concept of Pure London to China, Pure Shanghai will create a gateway into one of the most exciting fashion markets in the world.
Visitors attending Pure Shanghai included:
- Influential buyers
- Shopping malls
- Agents and distributors
- Multi-brand department stores
- Online retailers
WGSN: The Chinese Market Trends & Recommendations
Pure Shanghai will introduce an increasing number of international fashion brands to one of the most exciting and fast growing markets in the world. We asked the China team at WGSN, world-renowned trend and market forecasters, for their recommendations and insights for any brand looking at opening in China.
China: the key differences from other markets:
- China is a very youthful market.
- Consumers want to dress up rather than dress down.
- To spend money on clothing, people need to relate to the brand and product.
- What is considered “cool and edgy” in many global markets may not be understood by the majority of Chinese consumers.
- Extreme styling does not work, but “lifestyle images” that help people aspire to a “better lifestyle” can, whether it be a more European look – such as Ochirly, or a more relaxed lifestyle such as JNBY or Zuczug.
- For womenswear: feminine usually works, China’s casual market is very price driven.
- Franchising is key for smaller to mid-sized brands rather than the wholesale model
- As China has a strong manufacturing base for many products, wholesale is well developed andfast. Retailers want immediacy and will only preorder and wait for shipment if it is from a premium or much desired brand.
- Boutiques- there are a handful of boutiques that have begun to establish themselves to carry international or high end domestic brands. This is still a small sector but is growing.